At New Resource Bank, we make every effort to protect your financial information when you interact with our website or use our online banking system. Newresourcebank.com is a secure site, and our online services use 128-bit encryption—one of the highest forms of encryption currently available. However, we know our clients use their computers to access many other sites when making online purchases or surfing the web. These other websites can expose your computer to viruses and malware that can steal your online banking credentials.
To enhance your security when using our online banking services on a Windows computer, New Resource has partnered with Webroot, a leading provider of Internet security software, to offer its secure browser product, Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield, free of charge.Think of it as an armored truck that moves information from your computer to us and back again.
SecureAnywhere ID Shield’s key features are:
- Small and rapid download. The file is less than 1MB in size, takes less than a minute to install and doesn’t require a reboot.
- Safeguards your passwords. Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield hides your online transactions from cyber spies. You can store your login details securely and have them automatically entered into New Resource online banking when you sign in.
- Peace of mind. Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield warns you if you inadvertently go to a phishing website (a fake site designed to look like the bank’s website).
- Stay one step ahead. The software automatically updates, so you don’t need to worry about keeping up-to-date.
- Hassle-free. SafeOnline works with your existing web browser, so there is no need for you to change your browsing habits. Protection is applied seamlessly and silently in the background.
- Easy to see. A tab displays the protection level of the currently viewed website and provides access to configuration options to personalize your security.
- Keeps you safe. Once installed, Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield will immediately protect all information typed into your browser, safeguarding your personal information from any malware that may be present on your PC.
To use Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield you must be running Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, or Windows 7. Currently, Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shielf is not compatible with Mac OS or Linux operating systems.
To learn more about Webroot SecureAnywhere ID Shield, visit the Webroot website.