- about us
New Resource Bank Environmental Policy
We strive to incorporate sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. We will adopt the following practices:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle
- Purchase environmentally preferable products
- Conserve energy, water and natural resources
- Adhere to San Francisco Green Business program standards
Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Strive to maintain a 90% diversion rate (waste not sent to the landfill) by recycling all resources such as paper, plastics, glass and aluminum AND composting all food and plant discards.
- Reduce waste at the source by printing double-sided, buying in bulk and eliminating disposable products, such as dishes and single-serve water bottles.
We will minimize the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment. Specifically:
- Choose Green Seal–certified janitorial cleaning products and nontoxic dish and hand soaps.
- Properly dispose of/recycle lightbulbs, batteries, aerosol cans, soft plastics and Styrofoam.
Environmentally preferable purchasing
We will purchase and use:
- Remanufactured toner cartridges
- Chlorine-free office paper and collateral with 100 percent recycled and post-consumer content (or tree-free paper)
- Chlorine-free janitorial papers (toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissues, napkins) with 35–100 percent recycled content
- Promotional materials and business cards with soy or low-VOC inks
- Energy Star–rated appliances and office equipment
- Highly water-efficient toilets, urinals and faucet aerators
We will conserve fossil fuels by:
- Promoting the use of public transit and commuter alternatives
- Offering commuter benefits
- Participating in “spare the air” campaigns and providing emergency rides home
- Offering City CarShare to all employees for meetings and appointments
- Purchasing carbon offsets
- Turning off lights, using energy-conserving hardware programs and unplugging equipment/switching off power strips whenever possible
We will strive to employ LEED green building standards when choosing a new site or remodeling an existing one.
We will educate employees on resource conservation and pollution prevention through:
- Hosting events with minimal waste, i.e., ensuring that little waste is generated during company events and meetings
- Training programs or brown-bag sessions to educate employees on proper waste diversion practices and resource conservation ideas
- Offering commuting incentives to encourage employees to take the bus, bike or walk to work
- Informing employees of environmental issues in company newsletters, training material and staff meeting discussions
- Sharing best practices with one another
If you're a business user, click OK to skip this message.
Beginning on October 25, personal / consumer users will be required to register their browser within online banking. This is a onetime process that is quick and easy -- just follow the prompts after signing in.